Dates announced for Wales’s leading International food and drink trade event – BlasCymru/TasteWales 2023
- When: 25 – 26 October 2023
- Where: International Convention Centre (ICC Wales), The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, Wales
- What: Brokerage between buyers and food and drink businesses; VIP dinner and networking opportunities; seminars, sustainable futures and exhibition.
Wales’ international food and drink trade event, BlasCymru/TasteWales, will take place on 25 and 26 October 2023, Rural Affairs Minister Lesley Griffiths has confirmed.
The two-day event organised by the Welsh Government’s Food & Drink Wales division brings together food and drink producers with national and international buyers and food industry professionals.
The event, which will be held at ICC Wales in Newport, has been key in previous years in creating new business opportunities for Welsh businesses and has seen produce from Wales sent around the world for people to enjoy.
Rural Affairs Minister, Lesley Griffiths said: “Wales is proud to be home to a successful and dynamic food and drink industry. From artisan businesses through to large companies, Welsh products are some of the very best in the world.
“BlasCymru/TasteWales will be the fourth such event, giving Welsh businesses a platform to showcase the best products Wales has to offer to a global audience, as well as provide a shop window for interested investors and partners.
“We very much look forward to welcoming delegates and sponsors alike, offering an unrivalled opportunity to network with leading industry stakeholders from across the world.”
Being at the event allows businesses to gain exposure, network and increase their brand profile with key producers, UK and international buyers, as well as wider industry professionals. All of this will take place within the context of a high-quality food event, conference and expo featuring leading industry players where one to one sessions enable buyers to engage with Welsh producers and discover the passion behind their products.
Welsh food and drink exports hit a record high in 2021 reaching £641m, with Wales also seeing the largest percentage increase in the value of food and drink exports out of the four UK nations between 2020 and 2021 rising by £89 million.
Having built a reputation for quality and authenticity in its export offer, the Welsh food and drink sector’s supply chain continues to thrive, reaching a turnover of £23 billion in 2021. With eight of the top ten Welsh food and drink export destinations being within the EU and worth £465m in 2021, Wales is also expanding the Welsh offer to countries outside of the EU, seeing exports to non-EU countries increase to £176m in 2021 from £138m in 2020.
With hundreds of products on show, BlasCymru/TasteWales has been designed to maximise value for buyers to:
- View and taste sample from a large-scale product showcase – retail, foodservice and private label
- Source Welsh food and drink – from branded to private labels
- Meet a wide range of suppliers
- Be part of an efficient introductory meeting format
- Work with our sourcing specialists to help find new products and suppliers
Media contact: Please contact Delyth Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07341 072 473 if you would like to attend the event, or have any further questions.
Notes to editor
As Wales’s largest international food and drink trade event, data published by Food & Drink Wales highlights the crucial role the 2021 event played in nurturing new sales and helping grow the industry.
The 2021 event saw:
- Almost 1000 delegates take part
- 100+ food and drink producers/processors
- 200+ trade buyers present from across retail, wholesale, distribution and foodservice.
The event also facilitated 1600+ one-to-one business meetings, generated a minimum of £14.3m of new business deals, this figure will evolve over time, 244 new and innovative Welsh food and drink products were launched.
Who should attend?
BlasCymru/TasteWales is aimed at Welsh producers, national and international buyers, with leaders from:
- Retailers, Food service and Hospitality
- Retail – delicatessens to farm shops and grocers, supermarkets to independents
- Public sector – schools, colleges, hospitals.