EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted.
Established by the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT), EIT Food is building an inclusive and innovative community of diverse food sector partners, to drive innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.
Our approach involves 4 key areas:
- Creating and scaling-up agrifood startups to deliver new food innovations and businesses.
- Developing talents and future leaders to transform the food system.
- Launching new, innovative products and ingredients to deliver healthier and more sustainable food.
- Engaging the public so they can become the agents of change in the food system.
EIT Food’s North-West Co-Location Centre spans the UK, Ireland and Iceland. Our partners include large food producers such as PepsiCo, Kerry Group and the ABP Group; universities and research centres such as Queen’s University Belfast, the University of Cambridge, food and biotech company Matis, and Food Innovation Wales; and agrifood startups such as Mimica Lab and Better Origin.
We are delighted to be exhibiting at BlasCymru/TasteWales 2021 in order to explore the excellent food and drink scene in Wales and meet with producers who are innovating the industry.
Our exhibit will present the following:
- Our portfolio of innovation projects led by EIT Food North-West partners which are driving impact in areas such as sustainable food production and targeted nutrition.
- Our business support activities which offer opportunities for both early-stage scale-ups and SMEs as well as larger industry partners.
- Our other opportunities to learn more about EIT Food and get involved in supporting our mission to futureproof the food system.
We look forward to seeing you at BlasCymru/TasteWales 2021!
To keep up to date with our news and stories, follow us at @EITFood_NWest on Twitter.