In 2020 Wales exported £550m worth of food and drink, an increase of 26% since 2016 with the top 3 exports markets being the EU, followed by Asia and Oceania, and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The strong growth reflects the high quality of food and drink offered by Welsh producers.
The Welsh Government established the Export Cluster to bring like-minded companies together to help overcome some of the barriers to exporting.
The Export Cluster provides a unique forum for food and drink companies to learn, share experiences and work together to build sustainable and profitable exports. Our membership now includes almost 50 food and drink companies, ranging from large well-established exporters to small businesses starting on their export journey.
If you have a clear ambition to grow your export capacity, the Export Cluster can help you on your journey to turn your ambitions into reality.
Whether new or seasoned exporters, members will benefit from:
- A dedicated Export Cluster technical help desk
- A programme of high-quality events with industry experts
- Resources to help members tackle the challenges of exporting
- Access to a network of specialist support to guide you through the export process
- Co-operation with other club members on opportunities of mutual benefit
- Access to the wider range of export support programmes.