The cluster provides “know how” to help companies overcome barriers to growth. It helps to develop knowledge and provide opportunities to work with other businesses to overcome obstacles to growth and exploit commercial opportunities.
Aimed at growing food and drink businesses who want to develop their capacity, our programme features:
- Cluster of fine food and drink companies with projects on key development opportunities
- Cluster manager to help you to develop solutions to overcome barriers to growth
- Utilise an approach to provide a framework for innovation involving academic institutions, companies, government and a range of stakeholders to foster improvements in the knowledge base and understanding of business opportunities, strengthening innovation leading to sustainable growth
- Tailored specialist mentoring.
Cluster activities include:
- Peer to peer knowledge exchange
- Events and workshops
- Co-operation in commercial activities
- Sharing costs / resources
- Private sector businesses driving the research agenda
- Understanding and entering new markets
- Access to world leading research
- Piloting new service provision based on business needs identified.
The Fine Food Cluster provides a platform for ambitious Welsh food and drink businesses to identify and solve common problems together through knowledge sharing, training and by exploiting commercial opportunities collaboratively as a cluster.
Cluster members are growth orientated companies. Projects are designed around the needs of the cluster members to help them achieve their growth objectives, these include workstreams on key business growth issues; internal market activities with shared purchasing; market development such as Destination North West and South West; workshops; mentoring and group participation at trade exhibitions.