The cluster is made up of a number of bespoke cluster groups with The Short Supply Chain Cluster, The Wales National Heritage Orchard Cluster, The Vale of Clwyd Denbigh Plum Cluster and the Wales Herbs and Spices Cluster, all contributing to the overall Horticulture Cluster.
The main aims of the cluster are to:
- Shorten supply chains by promoting local Welsh produce
- Reduce waste, with an emphasis on single-use plastics and waste valorisation (the process of reusing, recycling or composting waste materials and converting them into more useful products)
- Promote collaborative working through the creation of ‘clusters’ of local food producers, growers and horticulturalists across Wales. Find out more about our clusters here.
The cluster also aims to:
- Raise the profile of Welsh growers, horticulturalists and producers
- Promote knowledge exchange in Welsh Horticulture
- Signpost members to potential funding sources
- Promote Welsh horticultural produce.